Associate Media Director, Planning
We are looking for a media agency veteran to join our client's growing team on the agency side as Associate Media Director, Planning. This role will focus entirely in leading strategy and planning (execution is handled by a separate team) and will require integrated, 360-degree experience inclusive of deep digital (display, CTV/OTT, Programmatic, etc.) and national Broadcast TV. This position will lead strategy for cross-screen planning for a variety of accounts and have client-facing responsibility. This person will be responsible for a substantial amount of client investment so the right candidate must have excellent analytical skills to make important key decisions. The agency is casting the wide net for the best talent and relocation assistance is available for the right candidate looking to relocate to Chicago.
The role is responsible for digesting client goals and objectives and translating them into dynamic communications plan. The candidate must be able to develop concrete action steps, act as one of the points of contact for clients on request, and is responsible for having a firm grasp of both strategic and functional media knowledge. This role offers ownership of the planning process, and the opportunity to lead cross-media integration across some of the agency's largest accounts.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience developing and planning strategic media recommendations and stewarding media account projects
- Experience utilizing multiple media channels, including TV and digital advertising
- Strong knowledge of new media channels and non-linear video opportunities including, VOD/TVE, CTV/OTT, Programmatic and Addressable
- Possess and demonstrate strong understanding of media fundamentals, including media math, target audience development, and communication goals (reach/frequency)
- Familiarity with marketing principles, analytics and concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and media research/reporting resources
- Familiarity using industry media planning tools: MRI, ComScore, Simmons Research, Reach/Frequency Projection Software, Nielsen Npower
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; able to confidently present and "sell through" ideas both internally and to clients
Established in 1998, ad+one is comprised of hand-picked recruitment professionals with over 30+ years of combined recruiting experience serving the advertising and media agency industry nationwide. We pride ourselves on having access to hard-to-find talent and the hottest job opportunities in the industry. Our focus is on positions in Account Management/Client Services (digital/traditional) as well as Media (digital/traditional), Search Marketing (PPC/SEO), Programmatic, Paid and Earned Social Media and Big Data/Analytics.