VP of Client Services
Indianapolis, IN US
VP of Client Services- full time- starts in May 2023
LOCATION: Louisville, Kentucky OR Indianapolis, IN OR Cincinnati, OH
The Vice President of Client Services reports the owners and agency principals and is responsible for the leadership and direction of the client services department and team member’s client management/growth objectives. Additionally, a large focus of this role is on new business growth and development and high-level client relationship management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic vision and direction to the Client Services team.
- Ensuring growth of current business and client base through existing client development and new business/client acquisition.
- Participating in and leading new business pitch and proposal meetings and contributing actively to the agencies new business development process, including RFP/RFI responses.
- Working collaboratively to develop and lead client strategy.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, agency principal’s, and the leadership team.
- Keeping apprised of client industries and market developments.
- Maintaining, guiding, and supporting day-to-day contact with direct reports.
- Oversight of team members’ client management and growth objectives.
- Leading and overseeing annual client planning and financial reporting.
- Advising on and resolving escalated client issues.
- Travel to client and prospect meetings, conferences/conventions, and between the agencies office locations is required for this position (approximately 40% travel)
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 10+ years’ experience in Client Services with an advertising agency.
- 3+ years’ experience in leading Client Services at your current employer.
- Background in a marketing specialty (strategy, search, creative, media, digital, etc.) is a plus.
- Proven ability to teach and mentor Client Services team members.
- Deep experience leading new business pitches and proposals to national, name brand clients.
- Deep experience in managing and growing national, name brand clients.
- Strong strategy skills - developing client strategy as well as leading the execution of client strategy.
- Comfortability participating in leadership, having a voice, challenging assumptions.
- Comfortability representing the agencies at industry functions and other opportunities.
- A love for marketing and the impact it can deliver.